Google+ Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Scrambling to finish my drone before the holidays

I started building my drone a while ago.  I cut many of its parts with my home-made Shapeoko derivative CNC router.  I was flying high for a while as work piled up and I decided to put it aside.  I now pick it up.  I am a little ashamed that it took me so long to get my soldering iron heated up but I reached that crisis point today, with the hope that I will be launching my hexacopter drone on its inaugural flight on this holiday week.  This is one of its 6 arms complete with carbon fiber propeller:


Each arm had 9 connections to be soldered.  I made it a day and got the rest done:


I now need to get this heavy lifter in the air.  I know a bit about Arduino and less about ARDUPilot but I am psyched that I may successfully launch my first homemade drone in the coming days.


No comments:

Post a Comment